Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still Water

I began this blog over a year ago and judging by the frequency of posts, I quickly lost focus. “Rarely Lucid” sat stagnant while I... fill in the blank. I could come up with plenty of excuses but it’s really just lack of focus and discipline on my part. Besides, I am the blog's only reader so who am I making excuses to? It is time to get things flowing again.

After re-reading my first post I have decided to make some adjustments. I am a lot less concerned about where this is going. They say that variety is the spice of life and I have to agree. Not to mention keeping up a blog on one specific topic is exponentially harder than mixing brain droppings. If writing about a single topic, day after day, was somehow fulfilling to me I would have stayed in academia. So I will now feel free to branch out a bit. I am a jack-of-all-trades in life so I think my writing should be a reflection of that.

So what do I want out of this? I am not sure. I do find a great deal of pleasure in writing and my old graduate committee would agree that I need the practice. It is also important to keep my creativity flowing through words or other mediums. Too many times in the last year I had a good idea for a post and I did not act. If that is how I treat a small write up then how will I ever face my larger goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment